Ryan E. Wind
Richmond Personal Injury Attorney – Compassionate, Dedicated, Effective
Ryan E. Wind is the founder of Wind Law, LLC, a Virginia personal injury law firm based in Richmond that serves people throughout Virginia who have been harmed by the negligence of another. The legal practice at Wind Law handles all types of motor vehicle crashes, premise liability claims, and other personal injury cases in Virginia. You can learn more about Ryan below. Call Wind Law at 804-773-3815 for a free consultation with Ryan regarding a personal injury claim.
Ryan is a graduate of Essex County High School in Tappahannock and the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in History. He later earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Richmond School of Law, again graduating magna cum laude.
While in law school, Ryan served as a Judicial Intern to The Honorable Richard Taylor of the Richmond Circuit Court and also served as a Law Clerk in the Henrico County Circuit Court after graduating law school. After being admitted to the Virginia Bar, Ryan worked as a Trial Attorney at two of the largest personal injury law firms in Virginia. After more than a decade honing his skills, and amassing a string of successes for some of the best clients an attorney could ask for, Ryan founded Wind Law in 2023.
Ryan is licensed to practice law in all courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. He is a member of various trial lawyer professional organizations at the local, state, and national levels.
Ryan enjoys giving back to the communities he serves. He has been a volunteer youth sports coach in several leagues and has sponsored multiple events for local sports teams, including Highland Springs and Essex County High School football teams, Hanover High School girls’ tennis, and Mechanicsville Little League team. He has also sponsored little league baseball teams and football teams in Essex County and the City of Richmond.
Ryan comes from a large family and has six siblings. He enjoys sporting activities and played football, basketball, and baseball while in high school. Ryan uses the lessons he learned playing sports to better serve his clients.
Ryan makes his home in the Richmond area, where he lives with his wife Gwen (also an attorney), and their three children: Cooper, Meredith, and Wally.
When Ryan is not working for his clients, he loves spending time with his family and coaching his children’s teams.
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law, magna cum laude (2009)
- Mississippi College School of Law (2006 – 2007)
- B.A., History, University of Mary Washington, magna cum laude (2005)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico Bar Association
- Hanover Bar Association
- Northern Neck Bar Association
- Ryan presents to Volunteer Rescue Squads in the Richmond and Northern Neck area regarding the laws, regulations, and their duties.
- $955,000 settlement for a client injured in a car crash on Interstate 81
- $525,000 settlement for a client injured in a head-on collision in New Kent County
- $450,000 settlement for an individual injured while on the premise of a business
- $400,000 settlement for a client who suffered a hip injury after a car crash in Henrico County
- $400,000 settlement for a client who was injured in a grocery store in Richmond
- Notable Jury Verdicts
- $142,074 jury verdict in Charles City County; top offer was $58,000
- $126,000 jury verdict in the City of Richmond; top offer was $50,000
- $75,000 jury verdict in Louisa County; zero offer
- Notable Arbitration Awards
- $145,000 award in arbitration, top offer was $62,500
- $140,000 award in arbitration, top offer was $53,500
- $135,000 award in arbitration, top offer was $58,965
- Richmond City Little League Coach and Board Member
- Western Wildcats Flag Football Coach
- YMCA Basketball Coach